How to Lead Through Layoffs?
Recently, Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Meta announced the layoff of tens of thousands of technology workers. Now you are the one who should deal with the mess created by these changes. You need to motivate a team deeply affected by the cuts, left behind without direction and overwhelm with work… The bucket stops there, at your cubicle. Now you are feeling the heat and trying to make sense of this difficult situation.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN
- How to regroup and check who and what’s left after the cuts;
- How to stabilize your team so they can overcame the impact;
- What to pay attention when reorganizing your physical environment;
- How to become a positive influence and avoid increasing the toxicity of your work environment;
- Why you should trust that others can do their work;
- How and what to communicate transparently;
- How to align yourself to upper management;
- Why you should show your best side during these difficult times;
- And finally, how to deal with your own anxiety.
THE ONE TAKE AWAY FROM THIS EPISODE
- You can’t control the world. The sun will rise tomorrow regardless and there will be better days.
LINKS & TOOLS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Listen to more episodes: https://rodrigocaetano.com/podcast
- Contact me: https://rodrigocaetano.com/schedule-session/